Sunday, October 9, 2016

The first weekend at Lancaster!

Well of course I term it the first, since the previous one was termed the arrival weekend. After an amazing and action and activity packed Friday at the Lake District, I was determined to hit the bed as soon as I arrive at the University, but little did I know that I will end up in the bar till post midnight, doing what - 'dancing'! It was so much fun and I just absolutely loved the atmosphere. I was reminded of the Salsa Socials back home at Hyderabad. I also got to connect with students from other programs which was an incentive.
Saturday was off to a slow yet productive start - vacuuming, laundering, recycling and figuring out how to get these things done was a little task by itself. But in the end it had to be done. We cooked a sumptuous and delicious lunch and were truly impressed and satisfied. Later in the day, I visited the Chaplaincy center on campus and spent some quiet time there before I headed to the grocery store to stock up for the coming week. Dozed off early to be up ready on Sunday for a city tour!
We set out early on Sunday and headed first to spend some time by the banks of the River Lune. Walked across the Greyhound and Millennium bridges of course clicking and posing for pictures. We then walked our way to the St.Mary's Church, Lancaster Priory and spent quite a while there. It was absolute bliss to be seated in the bench at the church while the choir played the music. A spiritual awakening like that is required once in a while to help stay calm and composed. I plan to visit this place more often. A few steps from there was the historical Lancaster Castle, again a place with immense significance. Spent a while there and walked past Castle Hill to see The Storey Institute and The Friary. The Lancaster City Museum that was a few meters away was amusing. A must see for one who visits Lancaster and one who is interested in understanding the British history. A thumbs up to this place!  Overall, it was a super Sunday and I guess I should call it a super weekend as well. After a rigorous walk across the city, climbing hills and walking up stairs, my limbs are now asking for some 'me' time. So I am guessing I am going to call it off for the day unless I fall for something really interesting. Also, a project that I was meagerly involved in saw fruition yesterday. Take a look - Dialogue in the Dark. I am so glad for the success and congratulations to AdsVille.
Well, I have quite some work awaiting my attention and I hope I tick some of them off the list before I hit the bed today. Gearing up for week 2 and I hope I can put up with blogging if not at the same pace as week 1. Stay tuned. 
At River Lune
The Laundry!
Super lunch!
At the Chaplaincy Center
Dancing at the Grad Bar!
Grey Hound Bridge
Lancaster Castle. Look up my instagram page for more interesting clicks.

No comments:

Post a Comment