Friday, October 21, 2016

An evening with Derek Walker!

We all had the opportunity later on Thursday to hear from Derek Walker, Former Careers Director at Said Business School. We spent an impactful 2 hours with him. I personally liked the many real examples and practical situations that he had quoted during the time. It was to me a launchpad session to begin thinking about my future and the approach I should be following towards finding my target and eventually hitting it. Definitely one of those inspirational sessions that kept me thinking through the night. 


Friday again was a session related to Careers and was hosted by Cana Witt. Very useful insights on writing cover letters and a neat exercise to improve our own ability to draft one by assessing some good and bad pre-written letters. One key takeaway - always start with a blank piece of paper while writing cover letters. One phrase that made my day - 'Making friends and funds!' (courtesy: Cana) :)
Overall, a remarkable 2 full long days ending with hanging out at the Grad Bar. Back home, spent 2 hours talking to my flat mates on some real interesting topics. Truly loving this experience. #LoveLancaster

No comments:

Post a Comment