Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Entering the core already!

Leave aside the surface and the mantle, hitting the core is what it is for the Lancaster MBAs! Second day and we got started with the Mindful Manager Module. Very interesting perspectives on how to lead mindfully, what are the elements that we have to be mindful about in order to make quality judgements and how important it is to understand that conduct and capabilities count. This new and interactive session kept me enthralled and I think I am getting used to sitting in a classroom after a real long time, which I thought would be difficult. Leave aside jetlag, I don't think I even have the classroom-lag. That's fantastic!

We also got to kick start the Core Capabilities Module. Syndicate teams were formed and a very interesting activity on collaborative conduct was organized. Besides collaboration the activity also focused on how to optimize business operations, how to position a business alongside its competitors and also about making performance predictions. Just loved the whole exercise and concept! The reflection after the activity also reminded me of the Agile framework I was advocating at IBM. Overall, a fantastic start and I am thoroughly loving it. Looking forward to the next 3 days! #LoveLancaster

 

No comments:

Post a Comment