Thursday, December 1, 2016

2 months down | December sets in!

The school is all set for Christmas! Another few days and then it is the new year! Well, no point blaming time, every time. This time, I would say and my classmates here at Lancaster would also agree that we are keeping up with the 'speed of time'. December is here and we are only 3 weeks away from closing Term 1. 
This week we kicked-off Operations Management - again brilliantly tied down from the Marketing module as Martin quoted - "Marketing promises & Operations delivers". Wading through the Operations model, we traversed round the direct, design, deliver and develop cycle covering key essentials in all the aspects. Making this more action oriented was the visit to Jaguar Land Rover Facility in Halewood that perfectly complemented our learning. A touring of this very interesting site and sharing of lots of insightful information was facilitated by the JLR education center team. I enjoyed it thoroughly, more so because I could connect it with some of the Watson related cognitive automation projects that I was exploring back at IBM a few months ago.
This week, I also had a chance to be on the Inter-collegiate debating competition judge panel and witness some of the best debates I haven't seen in a while. Congratulations to the Bowland College team that won the finals. A big thanks to Katy and glad I could also connect with others on the panel. Found a new friend in Mark Lacy. Exciting week so far. 
Let's see how the 'Deal with December' goes!


No comments:

Post a Comment