Sunday, November 27, 2016

Happy Lancashire Day!

This post is dedicated to Lancashire on its special day! I have been here for 2 months now and I cannot say, I know 'Lancashire' but I will admit that I have made an attempt to make out what's in store in Lancashire, at least so much that I could evangelize about it. Obviously, besides experiencing the world ranked MBA in this Northern Powerhouse, which is of course the best thing that has happened in my life, the cities and towns out here have been so welcoming and beautiful. The illuminations at Blackpool had me jaw dropping, the simplicity and specialty of Lancaster keeps inviting me often to visit the city, the coziness and comfort I felt at Carnforth today is inexplicable, Preston keeps pressing to come back with 2 visits so far. Heysham and Silverdale are on the to-visit list next. One thing that impresses me is the smile that each of these cities bear besides the ever welcoming smile on the peoples' face.
Talking about today, I started early and decided to walk around Carnforth. 10:45 at Carnforth station and there I see my friend from Barclays, Kester Johnson also heading to the Heritage centre. He volunteers there every weekend. How cool is that! Thanks to him for the mini map tour and I was out in the town figuring out my way and following Kester's advice. I have always seen people Scuba dive on television but never got a chance to see it in person, trying out is a different aspect. I headed straight to Capernwray Diving Center, about a 4 mile walk from Carnforth. I spent a lot of time observing this sport and it was brilliant. Well, I haven't gathered the courage to try it out myself. After spending good time there, I took a stroll around, Kellet, clicking some beautiful pictures of the snow capped lake district mountains. After spending about an hour, I walked back to Carnforth and went along the almost frozen canal. Back at the station, spent time at the heritage center chatting with Kester before I headed back home after a little stop at the Lancaster city center. Super amazing day, very happy and some deep and self-provoking thoughts that Prosopopoeia plans to convey soon.
Gearing up for a full-fledged week starting tomorrow. Happy Lancashire Day to all Lancastrians! "God bless Lancashire, and God save the Queen, Duke of Lancaster"

No comments:

Post a Comment