Thursday, December 8, 2016

Christmassy Evenings | Digital Business | Leadership in Practice

Digital Innovation in Business, the module that is being introduced first time for the MBA cohort this year, kicked off the week. This was personally a very interesting module for me given my prior experience working in CAMSS at IBM. While I had the practical knowledge of Digital innovation in a corporate context, the sessions and guest lectures brought in a lot of supporting theories complementing my prior work. Two full days and we were completely immersed in digitization thoughts, practices and case studies. 
One of those days, Steven Endress, MD of Endress & Hauser was visiting LUMS and we got to catch up with him over lunch. It was good to hear his expansion plans and how he plans to take his organization in to the future. He is also an alumnus of the Lancaster MBA. 
Starting Wednesday, Chris Saunders took us on a completely different tour to explore leadership traits and behaviors. Leadership in practice was demonstrated through class activities and a number of videos including a 2 hour movie. This was one of the best experienced modules so far for me. 
Yesterday, some of us were off to Tim's place for a Christmas evening. Tim was a perfect host and we all had a great time chatting, eating and drinking for a long while. A much needed break for sure. For me that streak continued this evening as well, when I along with my flatmates decided to attend the 'Carols in the Castle' service in the city. Off we were for the first time, all flatmates together - Hiba, Manshuk, Joe, Amber, Raman and Boris to the city to witness this traditional Christmas carol service. We did miss Nadia. I must admit, the carols brought back wonderful memories of my school and I was on cloud 9 when a known song was sung. Some amazing and inspirational quotes and wonderful singing by the kids filled my evening with so much serenity and calmness. The feeling is so good. Thanks to the wonderful company - thoroughly enjoyed every bit of it. We then went to 'The Borough' to chat over drinks, spent an hour there and returned. It was such a wonderful thing that we all decided to go together. We now plan to do this more often. 
I also had a very emotional moment today when one of my friends hugged and gifted me some stuff, to acknowledge a little help that I had offered and more so because of the close connection that we share with each other. I literally had tears in my eyes. MBA is indeed a great experience!
Friday is here and back home one of my best friends is getting married. I hope to watch the live telecast of the wedding later during the day. 

Carols in the Castle
With flatmates at the castle
At the museum
Fun at The Borough
Leading Mindfully
Class exercise
Green sky spotted in Lancaster
Movie time in the class!
At Tim's

No comments:

Post a Comment