Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Was assured, now reassured!

Post the London trip, began the much awaited and talked about, Strategic Management module. Each team was assigned a company and the idea was to develop a story line of the issues the company faces and what each could do to ensure sustainability. Well to me, so far as I always say, the best part about Lancaster MBA is the seamless integration of subjects and concepts and this was very very loud enough in the Strategy module. The way each session was conducted, how that learning applied to our companies, what we presented the following day and what we took back as feedback to incorporate in our subsequent task - just seamless and brilliant. The work was demanding but at the same time was very satisfying and thought provoking. Working with my new team also seemed to work quite well. A nice combination of skills and expertise resulted in us winning the best strategy award! How cool is that! I chose Lancaster MBA in the first place for its world renowned strategy module and this week actually reassured my decision to have chosen Lancaster. It was a perfect mix of teaching, research, group work, presentations and knowledge sharing in my view and Martin & David drove us through this ride methodically and meticulously. The icing on the cake was Gerry Johnson's session on 'Reviewing Strategy' that summed up every bit and brought out the practical perspective of Exploring Strategy. A week that will remain in my memories for life and an experience that I will cherish.
Besides the busy schedule were also other interesting things. The FT MBA 2017 rankings were out. Lancaster moved from 35 to 42. The fall did upset a bit, but not beyond 'a bit'. I am experiencing the program myself here in Lancaster and for me it is satisfying and fulfilling and I think that is what matters to me right now. In the midst of presentations and group work came Marcos's birthday celebration that brought in some respite. Got my hands on karaoke singing and fell prey for a bit of magic that turned me spell-bound. 
Going to catch up with sleep today since we are free for the next 2 days, but busy preparing for an Exam Friday! 
Say Strategy!
Gerry reviewing strategy
Team Air Berlin
What the fog is going on?
Team Spire Health
Team NetFlix

No comments:

Post a Comment