Sunday, January 29, 2017

Lent term, London trip!

January comes to a close, so does the London trip. My first ever road trip in the UK. Thanks to Alex for driving me from Lancaster to Oxford. It was indeed a super experience doing this especially with a super companion. Brilliant driving, endless and thoughtful conversations 
and some lunch on the way, until we got to Oxford. I took about 2 hours to go around Oxford before I got on the train to Cambridge.
Much awaited part of this London week! Got to meet my cousin and spend 2 days there. Loved the fun and the very sense of feeling at home. Wish to go to Cambridge quite often and next time I plan to cover some ground. From there, I pushed off to Enfield to spend some time with another cousin. Perks of having family in the UK, if not around Lancaster.
Then began the Finance week. Monday was rather void with only a few logistic stuff. That day, I managed to do a bit of site-seeing to make my pictorial experiences of London, real. I must say, it was indeed a moment of reality come alive. The following day began the rigorous schedule. Macro-economics and finance occupied most part of our agenda through the week. Guest lectures, exercises and reading kept us a bit busy if not thoroughly occupied as it did during our last trip. Complementing the course work were also industry visits and event participations. Not too many assignments to take home, but definitely quality work to do for the upcoming exams in these two subjects.
Fun aspects of the London trip included watching Raees at Shepherd's bush with a super exciting bunch of people, a river cruise on Thames on a chilly night and visits to many new restaurants for dinner/lunch - Wasabi, Cinnamon Kitchen and Zaika being the top picks. I also earned a new name - 'Flash'. Lol....from a Pasta ingredient to a cartoon character, what a shift! Absolutely love it! :)
Friday evening, while most of my classmates left for Lancaster, I caught up with Boaz at Soho before I headed to Victoria to spend quality time over the weekend with my extended family. Read more about this weekend on Afrikaa Calling.
Penning this on my way back to Lancaster. Best wishes to everyone and specially to my Chinese friends for the new year. Cheers to the year of the rooster!






No comments:

Post a Comment