Sunday, February 26, 2017

Do strong winds take precious time along?

Sat in my apartment, I look outside only to see the clouds pass very swiftly. Thanks to the ongoing severe winds that seem to even obstruct the birds from flying. Then I wonder, may be time gets fleeted in the same manner. Still can't get the scene out of my head, but its 7 months already! 5 months since I left home. A few more months before I am done with the course. A thing that will continue to amuse me for life. Well, I can go on!
Last week was pretty intense with CAP case studies and practice sessions on full swing. Storm Doris added to the intensity. 3 full tiring days, can imagine how it would have been for Cana! Thursday was quickly followed by Macro-Economics exam. That afternoon we also met with Jane again as a team to discuss the entrepreneurial challenge and take our project forward. Some exciting work awaiting there.
That evening, Sunny and Clara played hosts and invited us over for dinner. A few nice hours spent chatting, relaxing and eating. Thanks to Sunny and Clara for being great hosts! Then began the sleeping season for me. I think it is still continuing, but hopefully it will be done right in time for tomorrow. It was also good to have Ploy come over for dinner on Friday!
The exciting bit of the weekend while most of the cohort is in Dublin, was my visit to Leeds with Nobu. A 2 hour road drive to the York Shire county. A brilliant big city with a nice blend of history, art and culture in a modern-day setting. We spent 4-5 hours touring around Leeds visiting The Town Hall, The Civic Hall, Granary Wharf, Leeds Minster, Leeds Cathedral, City Sqaure, Trinity Leeds mall, Victoria Leeds mall, Kirkgate Market, University of Leeds and many other small places. Thanks to the tour-friendly weather. Had a nice lunch at Wagamama before we headed back to Lancaster. Thanks Nobu for the company!
Seated now, sipping tea after a long nap catching up on stuff and preparing for tomorrow. Another month begins shortly and I am still thinking if these strong winds have a potential to push time along as well.
On a windy afternoon welcoming Storm Doris

Granary Wharf, Leeds

Leeds

With Nobu

Leeds Shopping

With Cana!

Dinner at Sunny & Maria's

Team in Dublin

Leeds Town Hall

Peter-Alex!

Trinity Leeds

No comments:

Post a Comment