Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Daffodils teach resilience

A lot on the calendar, well no wonder isn't it. After all I am on one of the best one year MBAs in the world. As people who know me really well would say, I like to be occupied and engaged always and indeed a program like the Lancaster MBA is a perfect match.
Last week post the OB workshop and presentation, there was a lull - well indication that everyone was crunching numbers for the finance exam and I guess we all did pretty well in the last exam for the term. That was a moment to celebrate and little did we miss the opportunity. Friday evening, most of us went to watch Beauty and the Beast followed by a late dinner. A much needed break. Thanks to Jen for organizing that bit. 
Following that began our work on the digital innovation submission and prep for the entrepreneurial challenge final presentation. Long days of work, little sleep, staring into documents/slides, more accurately intensely busy. I must admit, working with my EC team in the SCR room at Lonsdale college was sheer bliss. A fun, wonderful and close-knit team. We spent very long hours working and felt like a small family for a few days. Personally a very soothing experience for me. That didn't end with we calling off our presentation as complete. Continued when Per - who lives in the same apartment as me walked in to play the piano. I didn't know I spent almost an hour, just listening to him. It was nice to break-away from the current setting especially on a day that has strong emotional strings bound, and get lost in an imaginative world all be it for a while. Thanks to Per for making my day. 
One of my favorite aspects of the MBA also happened yesterday - session with my coach Merroney. Yet another conversation that I always look forward to. The energy and ideas I get after talking to Merroney are inexplicable. A lot of such positive chats and vibes also add to boosting a low situation. Well, something as simple as looking at the daffodils (thanks to the season) also feels so good. Many ways of developing emotional resilience!
Today was rather a long day with 8 presentations. Another module comes to a close. Another day of classes before we head to Prague for a week. #lovelancaster
Dinner at Suncafe
One of  my favorite captures
Beauty and the Beast night
Finance prep
Family selfie
Family room
EC Family
Per at his amazing best
My favorites from today!

No comments:

Post a Comment